Today’s the day we’ve all been waiting for. The NBA Playoffs are beginning with four games to keep us occupied all day long. If you’re like myself and my friend (and future Bonus contributor) Ian, you’ll be ignoring the nice weather and sequestering yourself indoors all day so you can fully focus on all of that Playoff ball. Furthermore, if you’re like us, you’ll be washing all of that glorious Playoff ball down with a fair amount of beer. It’s in that spirit that we’d like to unveil the NBA Playoffs Drinking Game. This is the perfect day for it. It’s Saturday, so you’ll have a full day tomorrow to recover, especially since Sunday’s games don’t get started until 3:00 pm. You can sleep in! Before we share the rules, please remember to enjoy the NBA Playoffs, and your drinks, responsibly.
Take one drink if:
- A Meet The Hoopers commercial appears.
- Jeff Van Gundy complains.
- Mike Breen says, “BANG!”
- The Warriors or Rockets turn the ball over.
- James Harden or Steph Curry makes a three.
Take two drinks if:
- Someone gets a double-double.
- Someone gets called for a technical foul.
- Kobe is mentioned.
- Any old NBA footage is shown.
- Someone mentions Kevin Durant’s impending free agency.
Take three drinks if:
- Someone gets a triple-double.
- There’s an altercation.
- Someone gets ejected.
- There’s a wedgie. (Shout out to The Starters).
- There’s a trip to the Replay Center in Secaucus.
Finish your drink immediately and open another one if:
- A game goes into Overtime.
Finish your drink and triumphantly prance around your living room if:
- Your team wins on a buzzer beater.
Finish your drink solemnly and hang your head in despair if:
- Your team loses on a buzzer beater.
Well, there are your rules, and feel free to add your own throughout the day. We’ll be keeping an eye on all of the games and tweeting every time we all need to drink, so follow @The_Bonus_Blog on Twitter, and be on the look out for #NBAPlayoffsDrinkingGame! If you do choose to drink along with us, do it responsibly, and in the comfort and safety of your own home. Or else.